Thursday, April 30, 2015

Leftover Thursday: Grand Prix

A couple of weeks ago we had our Awana Grand Prix.

Side note: T bought me a treadmill for Christmas and I got him a weight bench. We’ve really been trying to eat healthy and exercise daily the last few months and I haven’t been buying chips. This was the first time in a while the girls had gotten any, and Peanut sat there and hoarded her Cheetos like someone was going to take them away. Haha :)

grandprix

We had to go early to set up so the girls got their food before the crowds hit. T ran the races and I took money at the “concession stand”. It was non-stop! I think a lot of the kids were having fun with the freedom to buy food and drinks on their own and several of them came up about a dozen times…bag of chips here, another soda there, ice cream bar…over and over they came. They had fun!

grandprix1

The girls all still race matchbox cars. Next year will be Bug’s first year to make her own.

grandprix2

We had a good crowd.

grandprix3grandprix4

T won third for design with his ice cream bar car. I thought he did a great job! Very cute. It will be fun to see what Buggy comes up with next year!

grandprix5

Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment