Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fort Hayes

We started off the birthday girl’s big day with a nutritious (haha) bowl of Fruit Loops.

birthday

Then we piled into the cars and headed to Ft. Hayes to do some mining. Ft. Hayes was the movie set for Dances With Wolves! I need to re-watch the movie now that we’ve been there!

fthayes

Peanut loves puddles!

fthayes1

We wandered through the little “town” and saw all the antique items.

fthayes2

Happy birthday girl!

fthayes3

Daddy being silly.

fthayes4

fthayes5

An old wooden piano that still worked.

fthayes7

The other grown ups thought it was kind of a “dud” spot, but I really liked all the old antiques and store fronts.

fthayes8

fthayes9

Everything looked really authentic.  Here is the post office.

fthayes10

The kids liked it.

fthayes11

fthayes12

fthayes13

They did have a little “mining” area but it definitely wasn’t the experience the other adults were hoping for.  I thought it was about right for our two girls.  They loved it and looked on the chart, finding several “gems” that matched.

fthayes14

fthayes15

fthayes16

fthayes17

fthayes18

We didn’t stay too long, but I was glad we went!  Cute kiddos!

fthayes6

1 comment: