Our “little” Buggy Bear is SEVEN! It seems like I blinked and she went from toddling around to becoming a little lady. She has grown and matured so much over the last year. It has been a joy to watch her learn and grow over the past year.
She is turning into quite the responsible big sister and will keep and eye on Peanut for me when I need to make dinner or go out and grab something from the garage or downstairs. Peanut and Boo both adore her and can’t wait till she is finished with school each day so she can play with them. Often when Peanut gets a boo-boo she will go to Buggy to be picked up and comforted. It is so sweet to watch.
Homeschooling is not always easy, and we fight bad attitudes and grumpiness quite often, but I’m so glad that I get to spend all these every day moments with her watching her learn. Her bright mind soaks up new information like a sponge and I’m often amazed at her recall. She does better than I do some days! :)
Buggy is our athlete. She excels at sports and anything physical. I think her extraordinary energy level is a contributing factor to that. She continues to live life at an accelerated pace. Several times a morning, during schoolwork, I have to ask her to run out to the breezeway and do 100 jumps on the mini-trampoline just to get a few of the wiggles out! I wish I had a fraction of her energy!
At the same time that Buggy has incredible energy she can also sit hours reading. She LOVES to read and a new book is a great treasure.
Dawdling is something we are currently working on. When I ask Buggy to do something she can get distracted .2 seconds into the task. I ask, “What are you doing?” and she responds most often with, “Oh yeah! I forgot!” I have learned to find the humor in this. Like when I say, “Go upstairs and get dressed.” and I find her halfway up the stairs reading a book a few minutes later. :)
I love how very thoughtful Bug can be. She loves to do things for others. I love the way she writes us little notes just to say she loves us. I love the way she dashes off for “lovies” and blankets or ice packs the second she sees that either of her sisters have hurt themselves. She often looks for little ways she can show others how much she loves them.
Buggy is definitely still our little ball of energy and at times a BIG handful, but she is also sweet and kind and extremely loving. We wouldn’t trade her for the world!
Here is her birthday interview:
1. Favorite color: green
2. Favorite toy: barbie house
3. Favorite fruit: watermelon
4. Favorite TV show: Frozen
5. Favorite lunch: Arby’s
6. Favorite outfit: that’s a hard question
7. Favorite game: Monopoly
8. Favorite snack: candy
9. Favorite animal: Panda
10. Favorite song: Let It Go
11. Favorite book: Frozen
12. Your best friend: Selah
13. Favorite Cereal: Captain Crunch
14. Favorite thing to do outside: go inside (it was chilly when we took this!)
15. Favorite drink: chocolate milk
16. Favorite holiday: Christmas
17. Favorite breakfast: blueberry scones
18. What do you like to take to bed: Koala and red blanket
19. What do you want to be when you grow up: a teacher
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Arbys!
We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating our big 7 year old! Pictures to come!
She is so beautiful!!! I love the yearly questionaire and to see how responses change from year to year. C is exactly like her in the aspect of getting distracted easily! I need to take your advice and find humor in it;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Bug! What a joy you are!
ReplyDelete