Last week there was a staff appreciation BBQ at the hospital where the administration does all the cooking so we went up to have lunch and watch Daddy grilling hamburgers and hotdogs in his work clothes. :) He was able to take a little break and join us for lunch. They had a bunch of lawn games set up so the girls wanted to give Croquet a try.
I pretty much just followed Peanut around keeping her out of trouble.
Trouble is her middle name these days! Case(s) in point: she would take a bite of her hamburger, chew it up, and spit it out onto the plate we were sharing. She threw her bun on the ground. She cried when we wouldn’t give her dessert because she didn’t eat her lunch. She threw one of the Bocci balls under a prickly bush and I had to scratch my arm up to get it out, and another one landed underneath an overhang of the building which took some finagling to get out. She thought it was great fun to grab rocks out of the flower beds and decorate the lawn with them. She wouldn’t slow down and was running everywhere, consequently tripping on a uneven bump in the grass and smacking her forehead on the cement sidewalk. What else…oh yet, she was wielding a croquet mallet like a broadsword.
I turned around to watch Boo for a minute and turned back to find this.
Love that smug look on her face. She was awfully proud of her new hat.
Oh Peanut, our busy busy girl! Good think your adorable-ness combats the pure exhaustion from keeping up with you! :)
Aren’t I clever Mommy?
What will she come up with next…
I love this post - mostly because it reminds me SO much of Layla!! Our 2 little trouble makers haha! And yes good thing they are adorable!
ReplyDelete