First of all, Happy Mother’s day to all the amazing women we know! I hope you were all spoiled adequately! :) I definitely was! I had not one but FOUR days of Mother’s day celebrating and fun!
First up was Thursday. I have been wanting to see Wicked ever since my mom and Aunts saw it on Broadway when they went to New York so when I got an email for discounted tickets for a daytime showing I decided to go for it. I called Auntie Nae and we agreed it would be a perfect Mother’s day celebration to surprise Grandma with. We met for lunch at Olive Garden and then went to see the show.
It was SO much fun! The sets and costumes were amazing and the singing was beautiful. The story was a very different spin on the Wizard of Oz and not what I was expecting, but I really liked it! Such a fun girl’s day! (and thanks to Noni for watching the girls so I could go!)
Friday we went to lunch and T left work early so my mom and I could go to a scrapbook retreat! It seems every other time I’ve thought about going (they have them twice a year) I was either pregnant or nursing. This year I was finally neither and Noni was asked to be the speaker so I went. I had such a great time!!! I forgot how much I love scrapbooking. Since free time is a rare commodity around here I have settled on making a “first year” scrapbook for each of the girls. Other than that I just don’t have time to scrapbook. I do turn this blog into a digital book every six months, but it’s not the same. I hadn’t scrapped since finishing Boo’s baby book just before Peanut was born…two years ago! It was so fun to pull out all my stuff again.
The retreat was awesome and I got so much done! I counted 17 layouts (two pages) and a title page! We stopped to hear two awesome devotionals given by Noni, and eat (so nice not to have to cook or do dishes!) and other than that we were scrappin’ away. It was two hours up and back so Noni and I got to talk in the car which was so nice since usually we are not talking but listening to little ones. :) Even though we see each other several times a week we rarely have any good talking time. I’m really hoping we can go again in November and I can get Peanut’s book finished! Thanks for the fun two days Mom!
It was T’s first time to attempt to be a single dad overnight, but he and the girls did great and I was so thankful for the fun getaway!
On Sunday after church we ran into town to have lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, and then we took K&S to the Lego movie! It was really cute, and Boo only got a little scared. :)
After the movie it was back to Noni and Papa’s (where Peanut was napping) to play cards with Mama and eat dinner. What an amazing four days of celebrating motherhood!
We love you mothers!
Happy Mother's Day!! We loved Wicked when we saw it 2 years ago! I am jealous of the scrapbook retreat - that sounds so fun!!
ReplyDelete