Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Glasses Club

Well I guess we should just form a club!  And if we do we have a new member…

IMG_0483

That’s right, our little Boo Bear has to get glasses now too! 

She has always been a squinter and from the time she was little would literally stick her nose in a book proclaiming that she couldn’t see it otherwise.  I just figured it was part of the drama that surrounds our girl-filled house. :)  But the squinting has been getting worse and worse, so I finally decided I’d better take her in to the optometrist that K and I see.

She did a pretty good job sitting up in the big chair and doing what the Doctor asked her to do.  Her little fingers were so cute pointing to the direction of the E’s. :)

IMG_0482

She looked so tiny sitting up there, and the doctor had to adjust the machine several times to get it low enough for her.

IMG_0486

The Doctor said she was surprised at the severity of astigmatism in someone so young (I have it too), but with the lens machine she was able to read 20/20 so getting glasses will do the trick for her.  She is nearsighted like me, not farsighted like K.

IMG_0488

T and I weren’t overly thrilled that she needs glasses, but she is ecstatic!  She has been wanting glasses ever since this time last year when K got hers, and she finally got her wish.  She picked out similar frames with a firework-type pattern on the side.  They should arrive in a week or so.  I’ve told her several times that they have to put the right glass into the lenses, but she keeps telling people that her glasses will come when the people take the tag off.  Haha:)

She does look pretty cute. :)

IMG_0489

Checkin’ herself out.

IMG_0493

Happy girl!

IMG_0490

I’ll post more pictures when the real ones arrive!

2 comments:

  1. She looks like such a big girl with her new glasses!! Love the frames:) Hilarious about the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an fyi (I'm sure your doctor probably told you this too): Your child's first exam should be at 6 months and then if all is well approximately every 24 months after that.

    Boo looks really cute with her new glasses. :-)

    ReplyDelete