Friday, November 22, 2013

"Laugh With Me!" - Part 24

September 6th

The girls got letters in the mail from Auntie Karen.  There was $2 in each of their envelopes.  K was SO excited!  She loves to receive mail so I thought she was just happy to get something and then she said, "MONEY! Now we don't have to do any chores today!"

September 14th

Driving past an...adult...store she got excited, "HEY MOM!  You know the first people?" Me: "What do you mean? Like Adam and Eve?" K: "Yeah! I just saw a store named after them!" Me: "Ohh. Wow. Interesting."

September 25th

I finally upgraded from the iPhone 3G to the 5C and since the 3G is so old we kept it for the girls to play games on.  K was SO excited and even though I told her about 30 times, "This is for you to share with your sisters. It is not your phone." She carried it around in her purse and kept calling it her phone.  I finally told her that she was going to lose the privilege of carrying it, and just then she dropped it, "Oh no! My phone! My beautiful pink phone!" Then, looking at me, she quickly corrected, "I mean THE phone. Not MY!"

October 1st

One of my favorite things Buggy says is "I love you more than ice cream!"  She doesn't say it that often and it makes me laugh every time. :)

October 5th

A friend of ours was getting married in Cabot, Arkansas.  We were able to watch the wedding online through a live feed.  T Googled the town during lunch and said, "They have a confederate graveyard!" K, unimpressed replied, "Yeah but we have the Mariners."

October 16th

Doing schoolwork one day, K was distracted and kept losing focus.  I finally said, "Can you please sit down and finish that page?"  She looked at me and said, "No, I'm sorry.  I can't.  It's complicated."

October 31st

After hearing one of those "a drunk-driver killed my daughter" stories on the radio we have had several discussions on alcohol and how it is not a bad thing in and of itself, it's just that people sometimes make poor choices when they drink it and those choices lead to consequences which are sometimes small and sometimes big (like getting in trouble and even death).  At the grocery store we were walking along when she got excited and said, "Angry Orchard!  It's apple cider!  Can I have some?  Please!?" I was in a hurry so I pulled her along but said, offhandedly, "No, that's alcohol."  She stopped dead in her tracks and looked aghast, "You mean they WANT people to get in trouble with the LAW?!?"

:)

1 comment:

  1. I love those, especially that last one! I love her pure heart!

    ReplyDelete