Well now we have even MORE big news from Buggy! She has had three loose teeth for months now…we first learned that when we went to the dentist back in the beginning of October. Ever so slowly the bottom right has gotten looser and looser, until this morning she came down and said, “My tooth is crooked and it won’t go back!”
Daddy has been asking her for weeks now if she would let him pull it and she has been adamant that he leave it alone. I was always a big fan of leaving my teeth alone until they were literally hanging by a tiny thread so I agreed that we should just let it fall out on it’s own, but when I saw it this morning…crooked and kind of jagged around the gums, I started reasoning that she should let Daddy give it a try.
She remained firm on her stance until I finally told her that Ali, her new pen pal, just lost the same tooth and showed her the picture (only the last picture…didn’t want to scare her, Rachel! Haha). She then decided it was ok to let Daddy pull it out.
We got the tissue and Daddy got a grip on it…
She looked a bit panicked at first…
And thought about crying, but all that came out was a bit of a whimper.
But wait…”Oh, that’s cool!”
“My tiny tooth!”
“See Mommy!”
Ugh, there is no way I could have pulled that tooth! These pictures are still making me squirm!
So I guess THIS is the face we’ll be getting used to!
Darling!
ReplyDeleteAh big girl losing some teeth! So cute! I get squirmy every day as a parent. I need a better poker face. Good things for daddy's!!!
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe it's time for them to lose teeth already! They can't be that old! But they sure do look cute with those little spaces in their smiles. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so great! I need to show Ali their matching smiles - and how fun that it was the same tooth!!
ReplyDeleteAnd good call on not showing the first pic - that might not have helped your case. :-)