Tuesday, August 7, 2012

“Dat funny?”

Welcome to the first installment of funny sayings by Boo!  Whenever we laugh at something she says, she peers into our faces and says, “Dat funny?” and then laughs hysterically and usually repeats whatever she just said in an attempt to make us laugh again.  She has been saying some hilarious stuff lately, and is always making us laugh!

I started writing things down back in February so the first one is from quite a while ago.

February 16th

We were watching a LeapFrog show about letters and when it was the S’s turn a seal came out.  He was crying.  She looked at me, very worried and said, “Sad seal!  He need his mommy!”

March 4th

After dinner we had several options of activities before bedtime.  Daddy asked her, “Boo, do you want to take a bath or play Legos?”  Without missing a beat she replied, “Want eat ice cweam.”

March 5th

At breakfast I was telling the girls the plans for the day like I usually do when something I said must have been exciting because she said, in awe, “That mazing!”

March 21st

It was a Wednesday night (AWANA) so Noni had joined us for dinner.  Bug almost always goes early with her to help set up.  Boo told me, “Want go with Noni to set up church too!”  I wasn’t planning on going that night so I told her no, that we were staying home.  I was at the computer at the time and wasn’t paying her much attention, but then I noticed that she was walking away with her head down and her shoulders slumped.  I heard her say quietly, “Me pouting.”

March 22nd

We were in her room and she randomly started hitting her head against the bookshelf.  “What are you doing?!?” I asked, and she replied, “I donking my head.”

March 29th

At bedtime I came in to pray with her and T.  He was holding her and she had an arm around his neck.  When I got close she looped her other arm around my neck, squeezed our heads together, and said, “I yove you two guys!”

April 6th

One day she said she had to go potty so we went in and I put her on the toilet.  She looked at me and said, very primly, “I need pi-vacy Ma-Ma.”

April 18th

We were at the AWANA Grand Prix and my mom had entered a car for her.  Her car won several races in a row and one of my friends said to her, “S! You’re a beast!”  She looked very offended and said, “I not beast! I Belle!”

April 30th

We were on our trip, driving from Panama City to Orlando and were crossing a really long bridge.  We were amazed to see hundreds of pelicans: flying around, sitting on the bridge, and dive bombing into the water.  They were everywhere and we were pointing them out to the girls.  I guess she couldn’t figure out what we were so excited about because I know she could see the birds, but she said, “No can see!  I too yittle!” We kept trying to point them out, and she was very frustrated, “Need grow up so I can see!  I no grow up.  I no bigger!”

May 9th

It was Awards night at AWANA so my mom was in a hurry to get up to the church.  She picked K up and left quickly.  Boo, who knew we were going that night, was in her highchair finishing her dinner and when she heard the door close she looked up in shock and said, “Dose guys yeft me!”

Well, I think that will be all for now.  Look for future installments of “Dat funny?” :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha dat is funny! I love how she was so offended at the beast comment!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete