Monday, August 20, 2012

More Pictures

While Daddy, Baby A and I were in the hospital for three days, the girls were having fun at Noni and Papa’s house.  The first day, after they met A, they went back and made her birthday cupcakes after naptime.  They love cooking so we had gone to the store and let them pick out a cake mix, frosting, sprinkles, and candles.

girls

I had also bought some new books and written a congratulations message on them for the girls to open that first night.

girls1

These are our first “Gigi: God’s Princess” books and they are very cute.  Gigi reminds me a lot of the girls so they are perfect books for them. :)

girls2

On Thursday Noni brought them up to the hospital again, but first they stopped and bought us some gorgeous flowers.  I think every single nurse, doctor, etc. commented on how beautiful they were.  They made the whole room smell fresh.

girls3

They love her so much!

girls4

Making the round of snuggles.

girls5

Love this picture!

girls6

We kept the visiting times short, but sweet since there really wasn’t anything for the girls to do and they seemed kind of hyper in that tiny room.  Noni took them home where they had tons of fun painting, playing games, jumping on the trampoline, and just doing all the fun stuff Noni thinks of doing!

girls9

We, meanwhile got to entertain some other visitors.  Auntie Nae and Waylon came up with Grandma.

girls7

girls8

Miss B and S came to visit, but I didn’t get a picture.

Miss K and H also came.  He was so sweet and it was great practice for him to come the hospital because he is going to be a big brother in just a few weeks!!!  Can’t wait to meet your own sweet baby girl, H family!

girls10

Usually when we have a baby we are out of the hospital in 24 hours so I was getting pretty antsy being cooped up in that little room, and confined to the bed. 

We thought we were going to have to stay an extra night because my blood pressure wasn’t doing great and I was still feeling very dizzy every time I tried to get up, but on Friday morning around 3 a.m. I felt like something changed.  I just started to feel human again and the next time I got up I did much better.

I was definitely ready to get out of there! I don’t know how people say that they get more rest in the hospital!  It seems like the doctors and nurses are in and out of your room every five minutes.  We would finally get little peanut to sleep and someone would come in to do tests and wake her up again.  Very frustrating.  That first night I got 10-20 min. catnaps all night.  The second night I did get a couple of one-hour stretches, but for the most part I cannot sleep in hospitals. 

So on Friday when they told me I could probably go home I got up, took a shower, and got dressed and ready to go. :)  Noni and Papa brought the girls up and we all had lunch together while we were waiting to be discharged.

girls11

girls12

We bought the girls new baby dolls “from” A and told them that she got them so they could take care of their babies while Mommy takes care of her. 

girls13

Sweet baby girl.

girls14

Boo inspecting her baby.

girls15

It’s nice that Bug’s room is pink and Boo’s purple because whenever we can we get one pink and the other purple and it cuts down on the confusion of who’s is who’s.

girls16

This flower cracked me up…bigger than her head!  She did great on the car ride home!  She slept the whole way and only woke up once we got to our little town.  She was making herself heard while we were at the Pharmacy drive-thru but considering she was overdue to eat she did great!

girls17

She is doing amazingly well here at home!  Now that people aren’t poking and prodding her she has gotten right onto a schedule.  She is eating every three hours and at night she goes right back to sleep as soon as she has eaten. 

I guess that is one pro of being in the hospital a little longer…it always takes a few days for them to get their schedule figured out so she seems ahead of the game.

I am actually feeling really good! I am MUCH less sore than I was with the other two girls.  The incision is definitely not comfortable, but if I keep on top of the pain meds it really doesn’t bother me that much.  I am laying low and taking it easy like the doctor said.  I really haven’t done much of anything, but I feel a lot better than I ever did with the other two girls. 

We are starting to find a new normal and while I know it will take a while to get into a new routine I feel like we’re off to a really great start!

girls18

1 comment:

  1. You're just amazing at how you take care to help the girls make the adjustment to a new baby. I love that they have babies to take care of too! Great pics! Love the little bundle. She's so cute!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete