Friday, August 3, 2012

Almost There!

See that ticker above the title?!?  37 weeks!  “Baby is now the size of a watermelon!” Boy does that feel true!  For the past few weeks I have been getting increasingly uncomfortable. 

For some reason the third trimester has hit me the hardest this time around.  I was too excited to be miserable the first time I was pregnant, with Boo I was SOOO miserable for the first 7ish months and then at the end I suddenly got tons of energy and started feeling better.  I think I was expecting the same thing to happen this time, so it’s hit me by surprise. 

I HATE taking any kind of medication while pregnant or nursing.  I will tough it out as long as I possibly can and try every home remedy in the book, but I’ve finally had to cave on a few things.  I’ve started taking Zantac for heartburn…although I guess I haven’t caved completely because it would be very nice to take it twice a day (dr says I can) but I only take it in the evening so I can sleep (between the usual 4-6 trips, unfortunately not exaggerating, to the bathroom, that is).  The rest of the day I just try chewing gum, drinking milk, or if I’m desperate, Tums. 

I’ve also had to start taking Tylenol 3 when my fibroid becomes unbearable.  I’ve only had to take it 4 times, but three of those have been in the last week.  If I’m on my feet for more than a few hours in the morning or afternoon, by evening it’s hurting so bad I literally cannot walk around without doubling over.  This is definitely the worst it’s ever been which is interesting because it’s also a lot smaller this time.  With K it was 10 cm, with S it was 8cm, and this time it is only 4-5cm.

So I’m waiting.  Waiting for that nesting energy to kick in and get me through the next three weeks.  I have the nesting desire, but the energy to fulfill it isn’t there.  I have been tackling big projects anyway (will have to post pics of my closet remodel soon!), but I usually pay for it later.

Anyway, sorry for all the complaining…here’s a picture of 36 1/2 weeks.  Bug took it since Daddy wasn’t home.  I think she took a good dozen pictures and this was one of the only ones that wasn’t too blurry to see. Haha :)

36weeks

I need to get a few maternity pictures soon! I should have done it a few weeks ago, but I keep forgetting.  Poor baby is already getting that 3rd-child-short-end-of-the-stick.  I had professional maternity pictures done with Bug, and with Boo my mom came over and we did our own little shoot.  We’ll try to get some pictures within the next week and get them up here!  Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! Super cute belly! I am so impressed that you are taking care of two little ones full time, remodeling your house and pregnant for the 3rd time! You are doing great! I can't wait to meet this little girl :).

    ReplyDelete