Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Camp 3

Since we started going to town (and Sonic happy hour!) after naps we weren’t able to go to the concession stand so we started letting the girls get some dessert after dinner each night.  The first night they got fudge bars, and I swear it gave Boo frostbite!  She clutched that thing tightly until it was gone…less than 10 minutes, and as soon as she was done she started screaming/crying.  We thought maybe she got bit by a bug or something because the finger and thumb that had been up against the popsicle were red and blistered.  It looked exactly like when K burned her hands.  We took her to the nurse and she said it wasn’t possible to get frostbite like that, but I am convinced that is what it was.  It looked and acted exactly like a second degree burn.  The blisters finally burst and the skin peeled off…just like K’s did.

Anyway, the next night we got smart and used the bottom of one of the cups from dinner as a holder of sorts.  The guys at the concession stand were so funny.  They looked all big and tough but every time we walked by they said, “Aww, there go those cute little girls!” and they were so happy to do whatever the girls wanted when we went there.  So funny.

camp13

“I need some money people.”

camp14

“Hmm…I’m not sure I want to hold this thing again!”

camp15

“That’s better.”

camp16

“Look what we got J.L.!”

camp17

“Now that’s the way I like it! Yum!”

camp18

My mom and Karen have a small prank-war going on with their cousin.  A few years ago we had a skunk that actually walked into both our cabins (at different times).  So Mom and Karen found a stuffed skunk and put it in J.L’s cabin one night.  Then later he put it in our cabin.  Now they have moved on to other creatures. 

Unfortunately bats have always been a big problem at camp.  When we worked on the porch we did a big bat-proofing day and we haven’t found any since, but it is not uncommon to find one in the cabin.  So Karen found this bat and they put it IN J.L.’s shaving bag! 

camp20

Nasty looking little guy isn’t he?  After J.L. had gone home we found him “hung” in our tree…right at head level.  Haha:)

On Wednesday night…or I should say Thursday morning Uncle Sean and his friend, made it to camp.  It was around 3 in the morning I think.  I rolled over, saw my cousin’s shadow on the wall and went back to bed. 

K was SOOO excited to find him there the next morning.  She is a big fan of her Uncle Sean!  She followed him around everywhere and wanted him to read to her.

camp19

She got lots of books at camp!

camp21

K got to see her rock-climbing friend get baptized!  It was very special for both of them.

camp22

The week always goes so fast and the last day it’s always hard to say goodbye.

camp23

camp24

We left camp after the last church service and headed north to pick up Aunt Karen’s car.  It was really hard to part with her after being together for two weeks!

We got to stop and see some of our other family. 

summer_2011 143

road

What a wonderful trip.  The girls did great and it was so fun to see everyone!  We already looking forward to doing it again in two years!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing trip. I have read all of your posts. You look so tan! I don't know how you stood the heat but I guess you get used to it pretty fast. I am mostly impressed that your girls did such a great job being away from home for 3 weeks. I don't think I could do it :). Can't wait to see what T did while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see Sean made it for part of camp :) I was about to comment that it was too bad no one else from the group was there. We need to get on the same schedule :) I love the picture of the girls in their matching dresses. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful memories! Thanks for making the trip!! I can't get enough of those girls. :)
    Being around kids makes a person different- like saying bye bye at the end of a prayer hahahaha and looking in every town for a McD playground :) and remembering K's wise words, "It's never to late to correct a mistake"- that one has come in handy lately. :)

    ReplyDelete