Monday, November 8, 2010

The Silver Lining

Okay, so last night I was a bit out of sorts with the whole daylight saving thing, but this morning it has won me over. I found the silver lining. This morning...before 10:30am I:
*did a workout before the kids woke up
*had everybody done and cleaned up from breakfast by 9:00am
(never happens!)
*had three loads of laundry washed and two dried and folded
*unloaded the dishwasher and then reloaded it w/the dirty dishes
*cleaned out the fridge from top to bottom
(quite a task, believe me!)
*disposed of all the moldy nastiness that resulted
(and salvaged the affected containers)
*put a batch of garden carrots in the steamer
(to make into babyfood)
* and put away the rest of our stuff from the weekend
Coming from someone who usually doesn't get the kids (and herself) dressed and ready until a few minutes before noon (right when Daddy comes home for lunch) that is a lot!
~
So Daylight Saving and I are definitely back on happy terms! I'm sure you were all worried about the relationship. :)
~
Anyway...we had another busy weekend around here. Well, we weren't "around here" which was why it was busy. T was asked to be a groomsman in the wedding of one of his college roommates so we took a little road trip. We were planning to stay two nights, but I'm not sure what we were thinking b/c hotel sleeping never works out very well for us. I guess we were being idealistic. Reality hit about 3:00am when K started sleep talking for the third time, waking her sister up, which resulted in about 30 seconds of screaming that felt like 30 minutes. Thankfully the hotel was really nice about canceling our second night without any penalty (maybe they just wanted to get rid of us and our midnight screamers) and we headed for home as soon as the wedding was over.
~

But it actually worked out pretty well b/c since we were planning to stay all weekend it felt like we had an extra day off. We ended up spending Sunday at my parents house, and then after dinner we all went to Walmart and bought presents for our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I love that program. I think it is very "real" for Bug to pick out presents for a little girl who is her age and think about what she might be like and where she might live. We are having a shoebox packing party at our church next Saturday and I'm looking forward to seeing how many we can fill this year!
~
Well, this post has gotten kind of random so I will wrap it up...maybe I'm still off-balance from all that daylight saving trouble yesterday. :) Have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I thought that since the children were getting older, daylight savings wouldn't be such a killer for our family anymore. I was wrong. And it always has to be on Sunday - our busiest day! Ugh. Well, we all survived, right? :D
    The girls are dressed up so pretty! They look dressed up enough to have been the flower girls (they weren't were they?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! So beautiful!!
    I do like the early light so I don't have to drive to work in the dark but it is hard to get a walk in before dark now. I came out of Wal-Mart last night and thought it was too late to take some diapers to this new mom and then I looked at my clock and it was just 7. I thought it was about 9 hahaha. Maybe I was just tired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting all that done!! It's so nice to start the day off feeling productive! Y'all all look wonderful for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning on doing Operation Christmas Child with Emery for the same reason. I thought it would be a good way to teach him about giving back.

    ReplyDelete