So technically this is a "laugh with me" but it deserved it's own post. Although it could have been one of those you-had-to-be-there moments it is probably the most I have laughed in months.
~
So...it all started when the beloved Koala was left at Noni's house accidentally. Bug made it until naptime and then she cried so pitifully that we agreed to meet my mom at a halfway point so we could get him back before bedtime.
~
We met at a little diner and got hamburgers. It is a small restaurant...probably 20 x 30 feet...so everything is in hearing distance. We were all happily eating when the door chimed. I didn't pay much attention but I noticed that Bug started to rise from her seat. When she was fully standing in the booth, a look of wonder started spreading across her face. She stretched out her little hand, pointed (quite rudely) to something behind us, and said, "LOOK MOMMY! A HUUUGE MONSTER!" Brain reeling. What did she just say??? Turn to look.
Oh.
My.
Word.
Probably one of the biggest people I have seen since watching the Power Team ten years ago. WELL over 6 feet, easily 350 pounds. Dark. Hairy. Yes, I'm sure to a three year old he did, indeed, look like a monster. T got a glimpse of him and whipped his head in the other direction. Under his breath I could hear him saying, "Oh crap." He turned to me, "He's not going to hit a three year old or two ladies, especially the one holding the baby, but I'm dead!"
(He was mostly joking:)
Thankfully, the guy played it cool and acted like he didn't hear even though there was NO possible way he didn't hear. And heaven help me, I got the giggles. I could. Not. Stop. Laughing.
Could.
Not.
My side felt like it was splitting as I tried to hold it in. I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato. We should have made her go apologize, but that could have opened a big can of worms... and I was laughing too hard to do anything at that point.
~
Thankfully we all recovered and no one got punched out. We even got ice cream at the end...mostly to celebrate life, and not getting punched, and the innocence of a three year old...a three year old that ate her ice cream too fast and soon experienced her first ice cream headache. Maybe that was her just desserts. :)

Whatever the case we were just happy to walk out of there...and laugh all the way home.
hahaha, children are so innocent. He probably looked like a giant to her. Pages of fairy tales coming to life right there in her small town.
ReplyDeleteI had a good laugh from reading this :) Emery doesn't say anything quietly (well other then Mommy I have to go potty) so I am probably doomed when it comes to him saying inappropriate things.
ReplyDeleteThat's stinkin' awesome! I started giggling when you said you got the giggles. That's the worst - when it comes upon you at the most inopportune times!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!