It's time for another edition!
~
April 17th - Since we don't have TV, Bug has never experienced Saturday morning cartoons so we let her watch a Strawberry Shortcake episode when we were at Grandma and Grandpas. I turned it on for her and went upstairs. About five minutes later she started yelling, "It's gone! It's gone!" T went downstairs and told her it was fine. Another few minutes went by and she started yelling again, "Mommy! My movie turned off, it's gone!" I went down to see what the problem was and saw that there was a commercial on. I told her it was fine and she pointed to the TV, "But it's gone!" I finally realized she'd never seen a commercial before. The only thing she has watched are DVDs. I tried to explain. We sat there and watched. It took several commercial breaks to understand, but she got it eventually. :)
~
May 5th - T and I were talking about the fact that we need to exercise more and were discussing the possibility of starting up a running program. I said, "The problem is that you like running and I like jogging." K piped right up and said, "And I like shopping." :)
~
May 6th - We went to a friend's house to help them move a piano. They live on a farm and when the guys were done they took K out to feed the cows. The adults were talking about planting a garden while she did it. K loved the cows and on the way home she asked, "Can we plant a barn at our house?"
~
May 11th - K was helping me plant flowers. I was explaining how to do it and she went about it very carefully. She looked up at me so sweetly and said, "If I put it right here you will be filled with joy?"
~
May 17th - We are working on being brave when Bug gets hurt. She hurt her back and was whining so I said, "Remember the new plan? We just say 'ouch' and shake it off." She replied pitifully, "I don't want to shake it off. I just want to cry a little."
~
May 20th - We did a car wash in town, the kind where you do it yourself. Bug used to be scared of them so now we always try to make them fun by squirting water at her window and pretending the car is laughing and being tickled. When we were pulling away from it she said, "Mommy? That was fun! Can you water the car again?"
~
June 2nd - I think this is a "you had to be there" moment but I'll put it down anyway. K came into our room early in the morning with one of those tall plastic popcorn containers that resemble a popcorn bag. We had eaten popcorn after she'd gone to bed the night before and she found the empty container on the counter. She had it over her mouth and was saying in a deep monotone voice, "Popcorn. Popcorn. This is where the popcorn goes." It probably isn't that funny but to go from a dead to sleep to that was hysterical to us. :)
~
June 7th - "I need some little bit help." This is one of my favorite of her phrases. She says it all the time and I think it is so cute. :)
~
One of my favorite new pronunciations is "nola bar". That's what she calls a granola bar. I also like "banas" for bananas. "Lem-ma-made" for lemonade. And "Ice-cweam" is still one of my all time favorites.
~
That's all for now!
It's so cute how the things they say come out. :) Emery says is-cream :)
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable. I like to go shopping better than running or jogging too!
ReplyDelete