Did I post these pictures already?? I could have SWORN I did, but I can't find them. If I did ignore this post. :P
The other day Grandpa came over to help us out and we got started on the kitchen addition. The first order of business was tearing off the back porch.
Demo!
That thing was on there! They finally had to saw through a bunch of boards and then wrap a chain around it before pulling it down with the pick up! It's nice to know our house is very sturdy!
Porchless!
We really wanted to open up this whole end of the house which meant putting a huge house-length beam across the whole back end. We didn't have a tractor to put it in place so Grandpa devised a pulley system and they were able to pulley it into place. This thing is HEAVY!
It took a while for them to work it into place but they did it.
They put a post in the middle so it's nice and supported.
Here's a before.
And a ...middle. The official "after" will be another month at least! T and Grandpa dug out last weekend and we've been prepping for footings all week. Hopefully the inspection will happen soon so we can get them poured and get on our way to pouring the walls. That 8 extra feet is going to make a big difference in our tiny kitchen!
And at least we were able to cut down on our summer wasp population on the way!
:P
No comments:
Post a Comment