Monday, September 16, 2013

Carpet!

T and I have been debating putting carpet in the living room and downstairs bedrooms for a while now. I thought it was a pretty big expense for something not totally necessary.  We have very pretty original hardwoods, and one day someone will probably rip out the carpet and wonder why we covered them up, but he has really been wanting it. I wasn’t that convinced that it would make a big difference.  I was totally wrong. 

HUGE improvement!  It changes the whole feel of the house!  For the first time in almost five years I sat on my bedroom floor!  It feels warmer and more inviting, and is just 100% better!  Love it.

It took us several days to get prepped for the carpet guys.  We moved the couches and I swept out from underneath.  Here is the pile even though we had cleaned under them just a few months ago.  This pile is after all the toys, books, and clothes were removed.  I found five different socks underneath so it’s not the dryer that eats socks, it’s the couch! :)

carpet

Here is one of the main reasons T wanted carpet…

carpet6

For some reason, in our room, and on one wall of the nursery the hardwoods didn’t go all the way to the walls.  No idea why.

carpet7

I’ve been living with my multi-colored, multi-surfaced closet floor for almost five years now! 

carpet8

Here is the dining room piled with three rooms of furniture.

carpet2

The girls were excited to watch the process in between schooling lessons.  There were three guys and they finished in a little under four hours! I was impressed with their speed.

carpet9

Living room before…

carpet1

And after…

carpet10

All three girls just rolled and rolled on it.

carpet11

They love it.  It’s so squishy and soft.

carpet15
Nursery before…

carpet3

And after…

carpet12

Hallway before…

carpet4

And after…

carpet13

Bedroom before…

carpet5

And after…

carpet14

T was actually out of town for four days so he missed the carpets arrival.  When he got home there was a major wrestle-fest.

carpet16

It’s unanimous!  We love it!

carpet17

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute how they all rolled in it! Love that you love your carpet:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpet's just great for children :) In your bedroom maybe you originally had quarter round molding that went out to the hardwood? That might explain the gap.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carpet looks GREAT!! As much as I love hardwoods the carpet seems easier with kids!! We have both and I like to leave the hardwood cleaning duty for Clay;) Your house looks so warm and homey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! And cozy. And now I know why you had everything piled on your dining room table when we came over before the fair ;)

    ReplyDelete