Monday, January 14, 2013

Painting the Town Red

The second full day that Aunt Karen was visiting we painted the town red…at least we painted some pottery red. :) After hitting Sonic we headed to the pottery place to do our annual tradition of letting the girls paint an ornament.

pottery

I had seen a small Christmas platter idea on Pintrest that I really wanted to try.

pottery2

Boo picked a snowman and a Santa hat.

pottery3

Bug picked an angel and a cross.  I was impressed at how much her painting skills have improved!

pottery4

Sweet sisters. :)

pottery14

Hard at work!

pottery15

I love doing this!  We really should go here more than once a year!

pottery16

Although…maybe the reason we don’t…Boo got bored pretty quickly.  She would have loved to paint everything in sight, but once she finished her allotted two ornaments she got antsy.  Thankfully Noni had brought her tablet along and that kept Boo out of trouble. :)

pottery17

The platter idea was to write the word “MistleTOES” and put the baby’s footprints above it.  I did as much as I could while Peanut was sleeping and then Noni helped me finish.

pottery5

“What is happening here??”

pottery6

“This is so weird.”

pottery8

“Something tickles!”

pottery9

“Are you really painting my foot?!?”

pottery10

“This is by far my most humiliating experience to date.”

pottery11

I think it turned out pretty cute. :)

pottery12

I can’t wait to get everything back and see how it all looks once it’s fired!

3 comments:

  1. Haha she makes the greatest faces :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! She looks hilarious getting her foot painted and pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute plate! I missed doing my usual Christmas pottery painting this year! Maybe we should have a girl day and go together sometime.
    P.S. K's hair is getting really long. Love the braids.

    ReplyDelete