Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

We had a milestone birthday around here this weekend!  Daddy turned the big 3-0!

birthday1

We planned to be gone all day so we decided to sing Happy Birthday in the morning before we left for church.  Boo was QUITE disappointed that we didn’t actually eat the cake at that point.  She kept telling Noni “No eat cake! Mommy no give me cake!  Daddy birf-day.  No eat cake!”  She went on and on about it for a good five minutes. Haha :)

Make a wish!

birthday

After church, the girls went home with Noni and Papa to take their naps and T and I went to town.  We went out to the lunch and did a bunch of shopping.  Then Noni brought the girls to us (Grandma and Grandpa were sick and Papa hurt his back so we were on our own) and we went out to dinner at a really fun Italian place. 

The restaurant is in a really old brick building and the architecture was gorgeous!  T had never been there before and I had only been one time, in high school, with my basketball team so it was a fun new experience.  The girls thought it was great!

birthday3

When we got home it was almost bedtime but we decided to let them have cake while T opened his presents.  They were very happy about that! :)

birthday7

I let both the girls pick out a Lego set for Daddy.  Boo chose a set with two dirt bikes and a jeep pulling them on a trailer. 

birthday5

And Bug chose the “recycling center”.  I don’t know if I have ever explained, but T really likes model trains and has always planned on putting together a big layout someday (you know…when he isn’t working on our house 24-7 and has time for hobbies, haha).  But, he also loves Legos, and since we discovered that they have train sets we decided to combine the two.  So we are collecting all the sets that will eventually fit with our layout of a little town.  T had received the garbage truck for Christmas so this little recycling center and truck will fit perfectly on the outskirts of our future little town. :)

birthday6

Cheese. :)

birthday2

T was actually gone for three days last week to a conference.  With this job he really doesn’t have to travel very much, and on those rare occasions when he does we usually go with him, but since this was a flying trip and not driving, he went alone. 

The girls missed him so much!  I was actually surprised by how upset they were that he was gone.  I feel like we are so busy with different activities every night of the week that we hardly even see him, but I guess they feel differently.  They were both SO excited when we went to pick him up at the airport on Friday night.  It was so cute.  He landed a little early so we’d just parked when we saw him coming out of the terminal.  By the time I got them out of their carseats he was already coming towards us on the sidewalk and they both ran as fast as their little legs would carry them and jumped into his arms.  So sweet.

We are so thankful for our wonderful Daddy. :) 

And as a birthday surprise, while T was gone, I called in reinforcements to finish the sheetrock upstairs!  Grandpa, Noni, and one of our friends came and helped me get everything done!  Mama came too and stayed downstairs with the girls so I could work and we finished in one day.  I’m so thankful for good friends and family!  I didn’t want T to have to work on the house on his birthday weekend, and he didn’t.  We just relaxed and played with the girls all day Saturday.  It was wonderful.  And hopefully a glimpse of what our future weekends will look like once the house is finished, haha. :)

birthday4

Happy 30th Birthday Daddy! You are the best and love you more than we could say! 

4 comments:

  1. That looks fun!! And Daddies around here attest: Legos are the best sort of present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday T! And aren't we all turning 30 this year? ;)
    I see you also got the kitchen windows finished since I've been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no Idea Tyson was so old! Sorry I Didn't give him a bad time at chuch :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tyson! I love S little pig tails. And I love how she is looking at K in the family pic :)

    ReplyDelete