Sorry I haven’t been posting much. I haven’t been feeling all that great so we really haven’t been doing anything too exciting that I could post about. Unless you want to read about me laying on the couch watching the girls play. :)
Actually, I have nothing to complain about. Compared to Boo Bear this baby is a breeze! With both my girls I didn’t have “morning” sickness; I had “all-day” sickness. With Bug it was just more of a mild queasiness from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed, and it lasted 12 weeks exactly. With Boo it was like I had the flu. All day. Every day. Until 16 weeks. I actually had to get on anti-nausea medicine with her just so I could function.
So compared to that this time is easy. I just start feeling queasy about 4:30pm every day and it gets progressively worse until bedtime so I end most evenings laying on the couch. BUT I was 12 weeks on Friday and last night I noticed that I was actually doing pretty well at, what is usually, my worst time of night. So hopefully we’re on the downhill side of the morning sickness.
All that to say I will try to start posting more regularly. :)
This weekend we worked hard on the upstairs and we are getting so close I can taste it! Well…that could be the sheetrock dust I’m tasting. That’s right! We started the sheetrock this weekend!
T has been working on getting all the insulation and plastic sheeting up most evenings for the past few weeks. On Friday we let the girls pick out a Kid Cuisine (they love those things!) and put on Curious George and we went up to finish plastic-ing. I’m sure that’s not the right term. :)
It was some of this…
And a lot of that…
Then on Saturday my parents came over and we started the sheetrocking process. My mom cleaned out upstairs and then she and I finished tearing out the carpet that was still in the hall and on the stairs. Whoever did the carpet got a little staple happy when they wrapped the piece over the banister edge. There was a staple about ever 1/4-1/2 inch. :P
And T and Papa got all the big ceiling pieces in!
On a side note: the room looked totally clear when I took this picture, even though I could smell sheetrock dust. I was surprised when the camera picked up all the little specks floating through the air!
It’s SO nice to see some sheetrock going up! It feels like one of the last steps! We went in to town after church and picked out our carpet so I’m really getting excited! T and I worked another hour last night and just about finished the ceiling in Bug’s room. We plan to work on it every night this week after the girls go to bed so I’m hoping we can make some good progress. We’re getting there!
I'm glad your nausea hasn't been so bad this time! You just never know what'll happen and I hope you'll have an easy time throughout with this baby :)
ReplyDelete