Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jump and Bounce

We got to go to a really fun birthday party on Sunday! It was at one of those inflatable places. K was so funny. When we walked in the door the was gripping the present so hard it was shaking and she said, "I'm so excited!!!!"
~
She whipped off her shoes and ran straight for the slides!
~
And picked up quite a bit of speed on the way down!

She was about to bust out of her skin!

She's smiling so hard she kind of looks like she's making a monster face. :)

She ran from one to the other trying them all out.

I put Boo down on one but she didn't seem to like it too much.

Or maybe she was just exhausted since she was supposed to be napping. Thankfully Daddy was there. He is the best at getting her to sleep. I can't hold her like this b/c she automatically thinks it is time to eat, but when Daddy holds her like this she knows it's time to sleep. He managed to keep her asleep for over an hour, even amidst all the squeals from the party goers. :)

K wore down about halfway through. Probably something to do with the fact that she hurt herself. I think she must have thought she was still on an inflatable b/c she jumped up into the air as hard as she could and landed smack on her bottom! I'm sure she was anticipating a bouncy surface...too bad she was on the floor which was cement with just a thin carpet over it.
~
She must have really hurt herself b/c normally she will get right back up and keep going no matter how much it hurts, but this time she cried and cried. At one point I said, "Don't you want to go play some more? You don't want to spend all your play time crying." She said, "I do! I just want to cry!"
~
Thankfully she seems to have just bruised her tailbone. We were worried when she said her back was hurting later that day, but the next morning she was just fine.
She got her second wind when we went over to the baby/toddler area which she was technically too old for.

Boo woke up and enjoyed a little play time too.

Go, go, go!

"Ta da!"

After the tailbone brusing incident K would only slide on her stomach on the slides b/c she said her booty hurt so I went up with her a few times. It was actually really fun!
I used to love things like this when I was a kid. It's fun to watch K enjoying it so much. :)

There was a little play set in one corner of the room.

And I actually managed to get a good picture of these two together!

After that we went into a big room and had pizza, cake, and watched the birthday boy open presents. What a fun day!
~
Happy Birthday Ry!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fun! I'm sorry K hurt her tailbone. What a shock that the world didn't stay soft and bouncy :)
    Boo sure is crawling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you came to the party! Looks like K had a great time! It was fun seeing you guys! Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is adorable!!!

    I really hope I get a second baby that can sleep anywhere like that...Ali couldn't once she was out of the newborn stage.

    ReplyDelete