My mom gave me a Family Fun magazine the other day and it had a little article on how to use all those broken crayon pieces most people have lying around. Since it seems like K breaks crayons every time she picks one up, we have lots. I usually just throw them away, but I managed to find enough in her pencil box to do the project.
~
All you do is sort out the colors you want and put the broken pieces in a muffin tin. It said to bake on 350 for 8 minutes. Ours took about 12 minutes to fully melt b/c we had some extra thick crayons in there. Then we just had to let them cool. Once they were fully cooled they pulled away from the sides and popped out easily. (I did spray the tin with Pam b/c I was worried they wouldn't come out).
~





CUTE! And I bet those are less breakable, too!!
ReplyDelete