Saturday, April 24, 2010

School Carnival

Buggy had her first day of school yesterday! Sort of. :) We went to school with Noni and Bug got to be one of her students for the day! My mom taught sixth grade for quite a few years and then moved to junior high for a while and now she is teaching pre-school! How perfect for Bug! She was SO excited that she was getting to go to school. My mom let her sit in the seat of one of the students who was absent. I was a little worried about how she would do (I was there the whole time) but she did great! She followed directions, and caught on to everything so quickly!
She was not actually that much smaller than the kids. They are all four and five year olds. Of course, being the smarty pants that she is, she knew pretty much everything they did, and even told one boy, "No! That's wrong!" when he answered a question. She also shushed the kids when they got too loud...definitely not too shy...or tactful. Haha :) She made friends very easily and they were all so nice to her. They were a good group of kids.
~
I'm not ready for her to be this old yet!!! I want my little girl to stay little for a few more years!
~
It was so funny b/c after hearing the kids a few times she started calling my mom by her name, Mrs. *****. I didn't tell her to do that b/c I thought it would confuse her but then she went and did it herself the whole morning without hesitation. As soon as school was over and the kids left she went right back to Noni. So funny.

This morning we headed back to the school so we could go to their annual carnival. Of course Buggy was just ecstatic about all the fun games and things to do. Her favorite was the fishing game.

And she especially liked all the little prizes she got!

All the people let her stand closer to the games since she was smaller than most of the kids there. Here is where she started out, but in a few seconds she was standing right in front of it just putting the ball in his mouth. :)

There was a guy walking around in a huge Fire-puppy costume handing out hats...and yes, I let her get cotton candy. Wow. I am really relaxing as a parent. :)

They had an actual firetruck there too for the kids to see.

If you want your picture taken with a dancing tu-tu wearing elephant I can tell you where to go. :)

Bug is currently asleep upstairs. All that carnival fun tuckered her out. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is so special that she got to be in her Noni's class! I love that she called her Mrs. ***** and then went right back to Noni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS great that your Mom is a teacher - Bug looks so cute in that picture with the puzzle!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete