S had her first checkup yesterday. She weighed 8 lbs., and had a huge poopy diaper right before hand so they were really happy that she is pretty much back up to her birth weight. We think they must have measured her wrong at the hospital b/c T measured her here at home and got 20 1/4 inches and the doctor said 20 inches. So she really wasn't 18 1/2.
~
The doctor was really pleased with how well she looked and said she is a very healthy. They were also impressed with how mellow she is. We have noticed that here at home too. The doctor said that often second babies are more mellow b/c their parents are more relaxed and the baby picks up on that. I think that is definitely true with us. We are WAY more relaxed than we were with K. We treated K like a piece of very fragile glass and I never let her sleep more than half an hour without checking to make sure she was still breathing. We think S is precious and perfect, but we aren't as worried about every little thing. :)
~
Case in point: I think we took everything but the kitchen sink with us the first time we took K out, even though we were only going five minutes away. When we got to the doctor's office yesterday I realized we didn't even have a blanket for S! Daddy had to wrap her up in his coat to keep her warm while we waited for the doctor. Haha:)
~
In sleeping news: the Babywise training is already starting to pay off! Two nights ago S woke up four times but each time she ate and went right back to sleep. Then last night she only woke up two times, ate, and went right back to sleep! Yipee! I definitely feel more human after a good night's sleep, and I got a nap today when I managed to get both girls to sleep at the same time, all by myself! I CAN do this mothering of two thing! :)
She's so TINY!!!! And adorable!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO glad you're getting some sleep - life is SO much better with good sleep!
I think that 1st pic has to be one of the neatest pictures I've ever seen. It just has a story. I love it!
ReplyDeleteS is so darling and so small, so perfect!!! That is funny about being more relaxed this time around. I can see how you would be with the second one- you realize that you can survive without all the baby gear if you have too :). Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete