Well, I have every single thing checked off my list...even finishing the baby blanket I made for this little one! We have so many blankets, but I wanted her to have something that I made especially for her since most of the things we have were given to or made for K.
~
This project took a LOT longer than I anticipated. I have been working on it on and off since October! Okay, I really didn't work on it at all in November, but there were still a lot of hours put in!
~
The blanket is crocheted, but I only know one stitch and I didn't want to take the time to learn how to put it together so I just made all the squares and the filler stripes and then whip stitched them together with a needle. I'm sure that is totally wrong, but it worked for me.
~
I was also too lazy to learn how to make a border and thought that just tying a fringe all around would be an easy way out...oh boy was it not! It took forever to tie all those little strings around the edge! I had some help though. It is kind of funny but Grandma, Noni, Mama, and Auntie Nae all (at different times) helped me tie some of the strings on. I think I like that even better. So now S's blanket is a gift that all of us worked on.
~
It turned out pretty cute...bigger than I thought it would, but I like it. :)
K had been watching me work on this while Grandma was knitting so whenever I wasn't using my crochet hook she would pick it up and wrap a piece of yarn around it and say, "I knitting now." She would do it for several minutes at a time. ~
She also saw Grandma knitting a hat for baby and wanted one too. Grandma said she would make one so K went off to play. She came back about five minutes later and said, "Where my hat, Grandma?" I guess she thought it would be a quick project. :)
~
P.S. I feel back to normal although I am starting to lose some of the energy I have had for the past month. I have taken a long nap with K two days in a row. My doctor is on vacation until Monday so I am going to try to take it easy this weekend. I love my doctor. He is the reason we drive an hour into town ever week so I'm really hoping that baby girl waits until he gets back! But I won't be too upset if she decides to come soon. :)
Very nice blanket. It is a lot of work isn't it? It took me months to knit K and Hudson's blanket. I never found time to make anything for Emery. His little teddy bear I knit him for Christmas is the first thing I've ever made for him.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm impressed! It looks great and I love your new couches.
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable! I absolutely LOVE that color combination - good choice! I'll be waiting for exciting news this upcoming week!!
ReplyDelete