Okay, my last holiday post!
~
Every year we alternate spending Christmas and New Year's with our families. Whichever family has New Year's usually just treats it like Christmas. So after "Auntie Taren" left we headed out to the farm for our second Christmas.
~
K discovered the joy of tattoos. Grandma bought her a Christmas pack and after showing her once, K knew just what to do. She probably would have covered her entire body in them if we hadn't stopped her. :)
It was just us and Grandma and Grandpa on the actual New Year's Eve so they turned down the temperature on the hot tub for K and I and we all went out and sat in the falling snow. It was K's first time to go in and she loved it! We didn't stay in very long but she had a great time and it was so beautiful with the snow falling softly all around us.
2nd Christmas!
Cousin E is in love with trains so Grandma and Grandpa got out all their Dickens village stuff and little train set. The kids loved looking at it and Grandma even let them play with the things! K thought it was great too!
We still have our "stocking" stuffer exchange, that is so big it requires laundry baskets. :) We have started drawing names for presents to cut back, but we still get each person a small stocking stuffer...it's a lot of fun and the kids love it!
Sometimes when I look at K lately I just wonder how on earth she has gotten so big. It has gone by in the blink of an eye, even though I have tried so hard to enjoy every moment. They really do grow up too fast...but I'm sure I'll have to remind myself of that in a few weeks when I am up for the 3rd time in the middle of the night. :)
After our Christmas celebration we had a baby shower for Auntie Nae! Grandma went with a snowflake theme and it all turned out so cute! Here are my two beautiful sister-in-laws!
Auntie Nae starting in on the gifts!
My mom and Grandma came, and we had a good turnout, but we still ended up with piles of food! I guess we figured the ladies would eat a lot more than they did...maybe everyone was sticking to their New Year's resolutions. Haha:)
And we had to get one more belly picture b/c the next time we see each other we will both have little ones instead of big bellies! At least I hope we will! :)
It is kind of funny but I am actually feeling better and have more energy right now than I have the entire pregnancy! Maybe that means it will be soon...I'm not sure, but all of the sudden I am not in a huge hurry to have the baby. ~
My doctor has talked about helping me along if I am too uncomfortable, once I reach 38 weeks, but if I keep feeling this good I will probably just let things take their natural course. It IS getting really hard to put socks and shoes on, and pick things up, and read to K without her falling off my lap onto the floor. Haha, maybe I will let him speed things along after all. :)
You look sooo adorable!
ReplyDeleteThe hot tub in the snow...obviously a foreign thing to me. My question is: how do you get the bravery to get OUT of the hot tub? I'd immediately solidify into Ice.
K is looking older lately. Is she having a growth spurt? She looks taller. I love the little picture a few posts back of her in the apron making biscuits. She has such a sweet little smile. But she looks like such a big girl in that picture too.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny to see the difference in how you guys are carrying your pregnancies. You belly just goes straight out :)