Okay, once again, I am having trouble uploading videos. I don't know what the deal is, and I'm not very computer literate, so I'm just hoping it magically fixes itself somehow.
~
I also don't have any new pictures b/c we have been working every spare minute to get our house back in order. The walls are painted, about 50% of the trim is up, the wainscoting is all up and just waiting for it's chair rail and base shoe. We are working hard to get things back to normal before we have Thanksgiving next week.
~
So in light of all that I have nothing interesting to say...except a little small town humor.
~
You know you live in a small town when: you are eating dinner and notice that a car stops in front of your house to talk to some people walking down the road.
~
In the middle of the road.
~
And you live on one of the "busier" streets.
~
Despite that, the people are able to talk for approximately 18 minutes before going on their merry way without ever being interrupted by another car needing through.
~
And you know both the people in the car and the people who were going for the walk. :)
~
We love small town life!
haha! Yes, I can just imagine! I have spent lots of time in a very small town very near your small town so I know how that scene goes; in fact, I was often the passenger in a car that my Papa was driving, sitting, waiting, listening to him talk to his friends/neighbors in the middle of the street minute after minute. It is really neat- a special part of community that not everyone gets to experience. We are so glad you like it so much :).
ReplyDeleteI love that you love your small town! Your small town holds a special place in my heart, and always will! I am so glad that you and your family like it there! Street chats are the best!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about that phenomenon the other day - more specifically - when two cars stop in the middle of the road that were going the opposite directions to carry on a conversation.
ReplyDeleteI've never found myself in that situation or even able to be in that situation. I guess I don't know enough people.
Or I'm just not chatty enough.