Saturday, November 14, 2009

Monkey Around

I've been looking for a fun bathroom set for a long time for the upstairs bathroom, but since I rarely go up there I forget about it quite easily. Once I realized that Thanksgiving was rapidly closing in, I figured I'd better hurry up and get something done (we're having T's family over for the holiday). I found a cute monkey set at Target and since I call K my little "monkey" I thought it was just about right. Grandma painted the walls/ceiling/trim all by herself in ONE day! Then I did touch ups and added polka dots for the next three days. My mom came over to help me b/c they took a long time. They were a pain, but it turned out pretty cute. I wanted something fun since it will be K's bathroom if we could ever get her room done. :) So here are the before and afters.
The rug was my favorite thing. So cute!

The paint in there before was...interesting...a yucky off white for three of the walls, dark gray for the fourth, and the back of the door was a nasty yellowish.

And now it is bright blue with polka dots! The monkey is supposed to be the trash can, but I thought it was too cute for trash so I am using it as a extra toilet paper holder, and I bought a bamboo garbage can.

Before

And after! I love the accessories that came with the set. The little bananas on the soap pump swing around, and so does the monkey hanging off the toothbrush holder.

Here is the lovely mustard yellow door before.

And now it is just a off white/tan color. I can see I need to put an extra polka dot in there to the left of the towel. :)

And that is that! Thanks, Grandma and Noni, for helping us with our "Mon-tey baf-room!" We're sure to have a swinging good time getting ready in the future. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE it!!! I have never seen a cuter bathroom!! And it matches your blog background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute! I love it! I think the polka dots are my favorite part, so all the work was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!!! You did a fantastic job with those polka dots, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I bet K loves it too! A perfect bathroom for a little monkey :)

    ReplyDelete