Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

Since Halloween was on Saturday we decided we had better take advantage of it for one more year and head down to the cousins' house for the weekend. K was so excited to see her cousins and talked about them for days beforehand.
Halloween is always a fun time b/c it is also Grandma's birthday. The guys spent the morning golfing, so us girls took the kiddos and went shopping. We all met up for lunch before heading back to the house for the kids' naps. Then it was time for presents and getting dressed up! (We gave Grandma a picture calendar that I made on snapfish...that's what everyone is looking at in this picture.)

If you remember, K did NOT want to pick a costume, but fortunately I remembered that Auntie Katherine had sent her this adorable set of scrubs last year for Christmas. They were huge back then, but when I got them out a few weeks ago they fit her perfectly! She talked for weeks about how she was going to be a "dot-tor like Auntie Kaffrine". :) We bought her a little doctor play set and she has been doctoring her animals: taking temperatures, giving shorts, and doleing out medicine. :)

We also had a hot pink cheetah and Thomas the Train!

K really got into trick-or-treating this year. She was having SO much fun running after her cousins and getting candy. If she got behind she would run to catch up saying, "I comin' guys!"

I think she got a little mixed up b/c she was calling any candy trick-or-treat. "Where my trick-or-treat?" she said when she set her bag down and couldn't find it. And upon seeing the bowl of candy for us to hand out back at the house she excitedly yelled, "More trick-or-treat!"

Auntie Nae borrowed a pair of scrubs from a friend for me so I could be K's nurse, and Daddy decided to just wear his pumpkin shirt instead of dressing up this year. We took turns going out with her and staying back at the house to hand out candy.

We had nearly three hundred trick-or-treaters, and we had to turn off the lights at 7:45 b/c we ran out of candy! It was crazy, but so fun to see all the cute little kids in their costumes.
~
Next year we will stay home since it will be a work day the next day, but it will be fun to see how many trick-or-treaters we get at our new house...I'm sure it won't be anywhere near three hundred b/c that would probably be every single kid in town, but it should still be fun. Hope you all had a fun and delicious night!

4 comments:

  1. She looks so cute in her little scrubs:) I can't believe how many kids were out trick-or-treating! I'll bet you get a decent amount next year since it's just a small town. you would think people would do more of the door to door in a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Katherine couldn't be more proud! She definitely looks cuter in scrubs than me :) Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THREE HUNDRED TRICK OR TREATERS?!?!?!?! That's madness!! We've never lived anywhere where we got more than a handful.

    K looks soo cute! And she looks like she's getting SO TALL! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great as a doctor. I love the pink scrubs!

    ReplyDelete