Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had such a fun Thanksgiving! We had all of T's family over and also Uncle Sean. Here is the L Family picture 2009! I love cousin E's expression in the family photo...doesn't that expression just shout, "I'm 3!" Too cute. :) K on the other hand only looks mildly interested. Oh well, you can't win 'em all. :)
Our little family of soon to be four. :)

I really didn't get very many pictures. I also didn't really do much in the way of the festivities...no place cards, no decorations...we didn't even use the fine china. We were just working our little fingers to the bone trying to get the house in enough order to have company, but we had just as great of a time without all the "trimmings". The important thing is that we were able to spend the holiday with family.
~
I should have got pictures of the house in the few hours it was clean, but after several days with nine adults and three kids under six, clean is something it is not. :) I'll have to fix it up again and get some pictures of the finished remodel.
~
The women in the family got up this morning at 3:45 to brave the crowds and get some deals, and we sure did! We had a great time running around to a handful of stores, and I got most of my Christmas shopping wrapped up (no pun intended:) all by 9:00 this morning!
~
When we got home T had gotten really creative with the kids and used cookie cutter shapes to cut out blocks of wood on his band saw. Then he let the kids paint them and drilled a hole in them for ornaments! I thought that was a great idea and the kids loved it! Here is what we came back to.

This picture is blurry, but K made a gingerbread man! That maroon was just the first coat. Purple was next and it ended up blue.

Well, that's all the pics I have. I hope you all had a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. WOW - I was going to say that y'all were brave, but I think that T wins the bravery-of-the-year award! A painting project by himself with three small children - wow!

    Your family picture is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the family pic of the three of you. Way to color coordinate ;) K looks very cute in her little dress and bows. Nice extended family pic too, but I think you and D need to show your bellies more :)

    ReplyDelete