Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Spring Break! - Part 2

 Bug got back from her mission trip on Wednesday night so Thursday we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for some Spring Break fun! It was especially exciting because Grandpa's chicks had just arrived! Lou wasn't quite sure what to think at first but she thought they were cute...

 
I think she didn't like the feel of their claws on her hands.

 
But she got over that pretty quickly and then was SO happy to hold them!

 
Pure joy!


 
They were so little and sweet!

 
SO excited!


 
I wanted a picture of a sweet chick and instead I guess I picked a grumpy one. "Unhand me Peasant!" 

 
Boo discovered she could pick up large handfuls of them. Haha.

 
We had to go to bed shortly after that but I took them in to visit the chickens at least four other times that weekend. There were 102 of them!

Lou was trying so hard to be gentle but she was kind of a bulldozer. :P

 
 
 
 
There was one chick who had a lame leg. We tried not to bother him or let the kids hold him.






 
They named a whole bunch of the chicks, there was Peck and Peep, Easter, Butter, Jelly, and I can't remember what else. 

 
If they held them for longer than a few minutes they fell asleep. So sweet. 

 
More Spring Break adventures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment