Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Back to School!

 We started back to school on September 2nd. The girls must have been excited because they were up bright and early and working diligently by the time I came down around 7:30...which is early for us.

 

 I bought a subscription to Reading Eggs and Math Seeds for Peaches so she can do school like one of the big girls. :) 

 
I had seen people making "pancake cereal" during quarantine but never tried it. I figured our first day back to school needed something a little extra special. 

 

 And they loved it! 

 
A bowl full of mini pancakes with whipped cream, sprinkles, and chocolate chips...what's not to like?! :)



 
 After breakfast they started their various class connects where they met their new teachers.

 
This little one was just as much of a pill as I anticipated. :P
 
 
 
She is so different than her sisters. The rest of them did a lot of independent play even as little ones. Of course they got into things, and weren't always happy to play on their own, but they would at least play with something for a little bit. Not Lou. She has to have someone playing right with her or she is a little terror. 
 
I either had to hold her or be pulling her off of furniture the entire morning. She kept climbing up on the chairs and trying to mess with their computers and school supplies. When she wasn't doing that she was climbing on the dining room table, or the back of the couch, or her high chair from which she would sit on the tray with outstretched arms saying one of her new words, "Hulp! Hulp!" And of course the minute I "hulp-ed" her down she climbed right back up. 

'What's this?'
 
 
 
  
 
'Oh! You're taking my picture!'  :P
 
  
 
 Little stinker. We made it through the morning and headed to town for lunch and our traditional first day back ice cream. Boo got a shake and I ran into the grocery store to buy a fruit popsicle for Peaches since she can't have dairy. It was super windy that day and our napkins and trash kept blowing off the picnic table.
 
 
 
Overall the girls had a good day....the first day is always super stressful for me. There were many times throughout the day when all five of them "needed" me at the same time, but we survived. :)

Day 2 was much better. Lou did some Play Doh and Peanut finished earlier so she was able to play with her for a little bit. Unfortunately they all got into a bug somewhere and started the school year with super snotty noses. :(

 
And it was Peaches' turn to throw me for a loop when I was helping Peanut with Math and Bug looked up from her computer and said, "Did she just say something about cutting her hair?" I went into the dining room and sure enough she had a new set of bangs. :{
 
She didn't get in trouble because she told the truth (after a brief hesitation) and we are working on not lying. She showed me right where the hair was. Thankfully she didn't get too much. :P
 
 

It's always a big adjustment to get back to the school routine after a carefree summer, but thankfully we're doing pretty good this year. I think it is helping that we aren't also adding back dance and Awana (yet). A nice slow start is helping us ease in a little better this year, and the girls all got great teachers that we are super excited to work with so we are looking forward to a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment