Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Practicing for 2

I can’t believe our little Peanut is going to be two in just 10 days! Although I can because she has been practicing up for her “terrible two’s”. :) 

Actually she’s pretty good.  Which makes it even more surprising/funny when she hauls off with a fit. 

Sometimes when she doesn’t get what she wants she dramatically throws herself down on the ground and rolls about in agitation.  She doesn’t scream or cry she just makes a displease grunt/squeal to let you know she’s not happy. 

If we’re home and she does this I just put her in bed and let her work it out.  I got these pictures the other day.  She was turning somersaults and making her grunt/growl noise.  I thought it was funny how the noise meter gets louder till it’s completely full.

fits

fits1

fits2

fits3

By then end she was just sitting there crying.  She definitely has a mind of her own!  After she stops crying I go in her room.  If she threw the fit for being mean to one of her sisters (or something like that) I’ll ask, “Are you ready to be nice now?” etc.  Sometimes when I go in she is not ready to give it up.  She’ll grunt at me and throw herself back on the mattress.  When she does that I quietly leave the room and close the door.  I go back in a few minutes later and try again. 

Some days it only takes once, other days we’ll repeat that 4 or 5 times until the “magic” number when I go in and right away she says, “Soh-wee Ma-ma! Soh-wee fit!”  Then we usually pray and ask God to help her remember not to hit (or pinch or whatever the case was).  So now after apologizing she has started asking, “Pway?” So cute. 

I think she’s learning.  She’s definitely more aware of her behavior and the fits seem to be getting shorter in duration.  If this is all we’ll have of the terrible two’s I’ll take it!  But I’m not holding my breath as 2 looms around the corner! :)

1 comment: