Thursday, March 17, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I don't know how it happened but our schedule has gotten out of control lately! Mostly just the mid-week part of it. The girls have been seeing T about a total of 3 hours during our Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday slot. So when they go to bed on Monday I feel like they should say, "Bye Daddy, see you Friday!"
~
I think it feels out of control lately b/c of baseball season. T tries to make it to practice everyday so instead of being able to come home for an early dinner before all our usual evening activities he just meets us wherever we are.
~
Tuesdays we have bible study (at our own house at least), Wednesdays are Awana, Thursdays are gun club for T and worship team for me since I have recently started playing the piano at church. Combine that with Wednesdays management team (so he doesn't get to come home for lunch) and Thursdays where the girls and I usually go to town for groceries/errands/appointments and there you have it...crazyiness. :)
~
We do have Tuesday lunch with Daddy which = 1 hour, Thursday T picks the girls up from worship team which is another hour for the three of them, and then we have 5-10 minute transitions (like morning and bedtime) for the 3 days and that gives us a total of about 3 hours. I think this bothers me more than the rest of my family since one of my love languages is quality time. I feel like we're definitely not getting much quality time these days!
~
Okay, I'm done complaining. :) On the plus side we usually get to spend Thursdays with Noni and sometimes Mama. Since Noni has Thursdays off I always schedule appointments on that day and we save all our errands for that day. We didn't go to town today since I've been feeling like I should try to stay home more because of the ridiculous gas prices. I can't believe how fast they went up! I guess I notice it a lot more in an SUV than I did in my little blue car.
~
But when we do go to town we try to do something fun with the girls. More often than not it is just the little playground at the mall. They love it!
~
I love whatever the mall playground is made out of. I have no idea what it is. It looks like plastic but its a little bit squishy.

Although who needs a playground when you can play with the wonder that is your sister's shoe?

I love that they are starting to play together more. It's so fun to watch them.

Bug is so funny when we go here. She is pretty shy around strangers...like 99% of the time. This is the other 1%. I guess she just feels like it is a safe place. She will go up and talk to every single parent in the play area. She tells them her name, about her sister, asks their name and all about their kids. So funny. She would never do that in any other place but I guess the mall playground is free game!

On a mission!

Still lovin' that shoe!

"Let's go down the slide together!"

Love Boo's expression on this one.

Again, again! Wait for me!

Sister fun.

Well, since its Thursday we'll soon be reunited with that person we call Daddy. One good thing is that it does make us appreciate the weekends a whole lot more!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! Wish I could come join the adventure! I remember that soft playground in the mall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain - we've been crazy-busy lately too - especially Chris with work. It's hard to fit it all in! I really hope one day life slows down...

    ReplyDelete