But if it IS broke...go see the pediatric dentist. Yep, BOTH of her front teeth are broken! I feel SO terrible. I swear she did not even fall that hard. We took her in this morning to our dentist and had an xray taken. Both of her front teeth are fractured above the gum line. The good news is that if they don't get an abscess they will just sit in there until it is time for them to fall out. The bad news is that it is pretty common to get an abscess (infection) on something like this and that could mean root canals or even pulling them both out. I really hope they don't have to come out. She'd be toothless until the big teeth decided to grow in, which could be awhile! Ugh.
~
The pediatric dentist that we were referred to is on vacation so we'll be headed in to see him next week. I'm really hoping he can do something for her. Poor baby. Other good news is that they don't seem to be bothering her at all. She has said they hurt a few times, but I don't think they are hurting much at all. She is eating just fine, including wanting an apple. This is giving us the push we needed to get her to stop sucking her thumb.
~
I am just so afraid she is going to fall again and break them out completely. She is SO accident prone. She hurts herself multiple times a day. When we were at the water park she also fell and bruised both her knees and then later that day when we were eating she fell out of her chair and hit her head on the table and then later fell again when we were at Applebees with Grandma and Grandpa. If we make it to adulthood with all her teeth in her head we will have a miracle on our hands!
~
Here's a picture of the poor thing. You can see how the gums above the right tooth are all bruised, and the underside of her lip is purple and cut as well.
~
Oh goodness. I don't know what to do with this child! I need to go buy a few rolls of bubble wrap! I'd like to say this will teach her a lesson to be more careful, but I already know that's not going to happen! We're going to try to get into the dentist next Tuesday so I'll post another tooth update after that. At least she safe for now...she's napping. As soon as she gets up there are no guarantees.
Oh geez, I had no idea that could happen. Huddy has a dark spot on his tooth that I'm sure happened to his accident proned self too. I know she is a busy one and I hope they stay infection free. Its crazy to think they are so sensitive yet tough (meaning the teeth) at the same time; then again so are the kids:).
ReplyDeleteOh, that looks like it hurts. I've been saying a prayer for her little teeth!
ReplyDeletePoor thing!! I really hope they don't abscess - after my experience with a tooth infection this year, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Poor Kariya :( I remember Eve was always hurting herself, especially when we lived in New York. She was about 3. But she survived!! Love you guys! Looking forward to this summer!
ReplyDeleteAnneka is SO ACCIDENT PRONE, too! She falls off of her chair at meals several times a day. And falls off of the couch all of the time. And the list goes on... I feel with you. I should show Anneka this post. Her latest favorite game is playing like she's going to the dentist. Especially when the assistant gives her a shot in her mouth. What funny girls we have!
ReplyDelete