Friday, October 16, 2009

Knitting and Poker

I've been wanting to learn how to knit for a long time, and my good friend Olivia learned a couple of years ago. I think her first project was a baby blanket for K. It was beautiful, and quite the undertaking for a first project, but it turned out great! Now I am finally getting around to learning myself. Our friend Tiffany wanted to get some pointers as well so we all went over to Katie and Jared's house for a knitting/poker party. We planned a poker night for the guys so they wouldn't be bored while we were doing our own thing. :)
~
Here we are learning to knit!
Me, Tiff, Katie, Liv, and the kiddos
Jared has a fancy poker table so the guys were playing in style!
T, Jesse, Jared, Drew

K and Emery played hard together. Oddly enough, their favorite "toy" was the stairs. There is a little set of three or four stairs between Katie's living room and kitchen and they stayed on them almost all night. They also took a tumble or two down them (with K landing on top of Emery at one point and then crying saying, "I hurt my booty!"), but no major damage was done. :)

And I finally got a picture of K with Katie and Hudson! For some reason I never manage to grab any pictures of them together whenever we see them. Hudson is getting so big! I can't believe he is already 6 months old. He has the biggest blue eyes I have ever seen! What a cutie!

The finished product! I knitted (is that right?) a washcloth! I definitely made a few mistakes, but I think it turned out pretty good for my first time! Thanks for teaching us Liv! I need to try out the hat pattern next!

P.S. On a totally side note: it seems weird that I won't put our names on the blog but I will put everyone else's. Liv, Tiff, and Katie (and anyone else I happen to blog about) do you mind if I put your names up or would you rather I didn't? Either way is totally fine with me, just let me know. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are blogging about knitting because we are heading to North Idaho tonight I as thinking that knitting would be a fun thing to learn while we are relaxing up there! Although I will be teaching myself, it may not be much worth posting about!! Haha!! Looks like your family is doing well! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening with friends! The kids all look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you can already knit like that after just one night. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use our names! Try not to use our last name but if it happens, that's life. C'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome idea - a guy's activity and a girl's activity! ...and a kid's activity - stairs! How fun! And the washcloth is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete