Sunday, October 11, 2009

Before, During...Still During

We have been working, working, working on the house lately...every spare minute. Grandma and Grandpa have been over several weekends in a row and Noni and Papa came to help out last weekend too. We are trying really hard to get the house ready for the weekend of the 24th...otherwise known as siding weekend! Yipee skipy! I am so excited!!!
~
We have the siding ordered and Grandpa is supposed to pick it up on Friday. That leaves this upcoming weekend for prep. We've also been working hard on the inside of the house. So I'll give you a few pictures of that.
~
Here is the dining room "before". Well, after the big hole was cut out, that is. That wall used to be solid but we felt like it really closed off the room, and I wasn't able to keep an eye on K very well if she was playing in the living room while I was cooking. Now it is a nice, wide open space. I love it!
Once again, they had to replace a lot of old knob and tube wiring with up-to-date/code stuff. They sheet rocked the whole room, mudded, sanded, mudded, sanded, and mudded, sanded some more, until T declared it acceptable. Then we textured the walls. My mom and I painted it this pretty blue...actually we painted it another blue that wasn't quite so pretty and then re-painted with this pretty blue. I have learned that I should not choose paint colors while pregnant. I re-did the entry way three times!!!
~
So after the painting, T started putting up wainscoting, chair rail, and trim. Here is a shot during that process. Who knows what K is doing. :)
And the "after". Sort of. The "after" for the dining room, but also after we moved all the furniture over from the living room so we could get started on that. You can pretty much see all the work though. We still have some trim work, and touch up painting to do, but for the most part the dining room is done! Yay!

I'm hoping the living room will go faster than the dining room went and then I'll be able to get my house back! I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Woah! I can't really get a sense of what you're doing because I've never been to your house. But you guys are amazing!
    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! The blue is very pretty :) Can't wait to see the finished product. So did you guys decide not to redo the floor plan for the master bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shade of blue and the wainscoating. It looks great. I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete